Update on Competition Pool Reconstruction Project
1) Further to our notice of 6 July 2018, contractor Innovez Engineering has finished laying the Competition Pool’s water delivery and return pipes, and completed the refurbishment of the existing switch and chemical rooms.
2) Currently, the contractor is in the process of re-waterproofing the existing balancing tank as well as laying the pool’s new concrete flooring.
4) The project’s progress is still on schedule and the new pool is on target for completion in Q1 2019.
5) There will be dust and noise from the construction. We seek members’ kind patience and understanding during this period.
Temporary Closure of Multi-Storey Car Park Female Changing Room
The Female Changing Room at the Multi-Storey Car Park will be closed for urgent repair works on 23 Jul 2018 (Mon) from 7am to noon. Members can use the Sports Centre Female Changing Room during this period.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Filming at Recreation Pool on 21 July
There will be a filming session on the Club's Masters Swim Training Programme for publicity on 21 Jul 2018 (Sat) from 9.30am to 11am at the Recreation Pool.
Increase in Sports Facility Booking Fees
With effect from 1 Sep 2018 (Sat), sports facility booking fees will be increased. Please refer to Annex for details.
The increase in revenue will help defray escalating operating costs and in the upkeeping of aging facilities, and can be used to procure new sports equipment to replace those that are already worn-out.
100% Membership Checks
1) To preserve the exclusivity of our membership and upkeep security to safeguard members’ interests, our security staff will be conducting 100% membership checks twice every month with immediate effect. We would like to remind members of Bye-Law 20 (a)–(d):
(a) Membership cards shall be issued for the identification of members and should be carried on whilst on the Club premises and produced when requested by an authorised employee or official of the Club.
(b) Periodic gate checks shall be carried out when determined by the General Manager and any member not in possession of his membership card shall notify the checking officials or employee of his name, his account number and the reason for not being able to produce it.
(c) Any member who, on three occasions fail to produce his membership card shall be required to submit within 7 days, a written explanation satisfactory to the General Manager.
(d) Membership cards are not transferable.
2) We practice a zero-tolerance policy for trespassing:
a) Any non-members, including terminated and suspended members who are not signed in as guests and unaccompanied by Club members, shall be considered trespassers.
b) All trespassers will be declared persona non grata and repeat offenders will be handed over to the police.
3) We seek your understanding and full cooperation.
Annual Staff Dinner & Dance
The Club will be closed on 3 Sep 2018 (Mon) from 3pm for its annual Staff Dinner & Dance.
Members who wish to offer sponsorship for this event may email email@example.com with their proposal.
Revised Bye-Law on D'Sports
Please click here to view the latest revisions to the Club's Bye-Laws.
Revised Bye-Law on Tennis
Please click here to view the latest revisions to the Club's Bye-laws.
Next Management Committee Meeting
24 July 2018 (Tue)
Venue: MC Boardroom