In the event that the air quality deteriorates and PSI readings fluctuate to unhealthy levels, the Club will implement the following health safety measures. This practice is to ensure the well-being of both our members and guests..
Please visit the NEA website at www.nea.gov.sg or download the myENV app for regular PSI updates.
More updates on SSC’s health safety measures will also be posted at the SSC website (www.sswimclub.org.sg).
We thank you for your understanding and continued support.
Dated: 17 September 2014
Operation Hours of D’Sports
As the corrective work at S.O.M. has been completed, we are pleased to inform that with immediate effect, the operation hours of D’Sports will revert as follows:-
Mondays to Fridays - 5pm to 12am Saturdays & Eve of Public Holidays - 5pm to 1am Sundays & Public Holidays - 5pm to 12am
Dated: 2 July 2014
Manual Registration System at all registration counters
In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act
(PDPA) that is fully implemented on 2 July, do note that the Club
is taking steps to protect your personal data when you
register your particulars at the Gym Counter, Towel
Counter, Reception Counter and other registration
counters within the Club’s premise.
As the Club’s system is not computerised, we are using the manual registration system.
Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated.
Dated: 1 July 2014
Temporary Closure of
Delicatessan Dining Area
Please be informed that the Delicatessan dining area will be closed from now till the second week of August to facilitate some corrective works.
As there will be grinding of metals and welding, members who order food at the Delicatessan counter are advised to dine at Cabana or at the bowling areas.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused and seek your understanding as we are near completion to the corrective works for Cabana. Thank you.
Dated: 25 June 2014
Opening of the S.O.M at Cabana
We are pleased to inform you that the S.O.M. is open for business, starting from Sunday, 22 June at 10am. The Cabana kitchen will open at a later date in July to be announced.
Normal operation hours:
Monday to Thursday - 12noon to 11pm
Friday - 12noon to 12am
Saturday - 10am to 12am
Sunday - 10am to 11pm
Public Holiday / Eve of Public Holiday - 10am to 11pm
We will be installing three 12-ft ceiling fans (commonly known by its product name ‘‘Big Ass Fan’’) at the Cabana for your added comfort. The installation date is expected in early July.
Dated: 20 June 2014
Management Committee Appointments
Mr Chua Hoe Sing - Key Administration
Mr Gary Oon - Food & Beverage / Social
Mr Gerad Loo - Finance / Swimming
MC MEMBERS Ms Joyce Chan - Lifestyle
Mr Samuel Chong - Marketing Communications / Membership (Vice-Chair)
Dr David Chung - Jackpot
Mr Michael Ho - Procurement
Mr William Lum - Development (DC612)
Mr Simon Ong - Sports
Mr Gope Ramchand - Membership / Legal & Rules
Mr Jonathan Wang - Mediation
Mr Wee Keng Pak - Facilities
Dated: 19 May 2014
In accordance to Club Rule 9(c):
‘’A person eligible for introduction as a guest to the Club may be introduced as a guest to the Club by a member or a Nominee not more than once in any week and the person having been thus introduced as a guest to the Club may not be again introduced as a guest to the Club by the same member or Nominee or any other member or Nominee in the same week (one week shall be deemed to be from Monday to Sunday) except with the written permission of the Management Committee’’.
Members are reminded to comply with the above rule.
Dated: 14 May 2014
Guidelines on using the Mahjong Rooms
Kindly adhere to the social etiquette when using the Mahjong Rooms to make it a pleasant environment for everyone.
1. In accordance to Club’s bye-laws 31e, ‘’no member is allowed to use the Mahjong/Card room for other activities such as board games, gatherings or meetings’’.
2. The serviettes, beverage supplies and mahjong papers are strictly for use within the Mahjong Rooms. Please do not remove them from the Mahjong Rooms.
3. The coffee machine is installed for your pleasure and convenience. If you require assistance on using the coffee machine, please contact our Front Desk Reception at Ext 697/698 or any service staff.
4. Upon leaving the Mahjong room, please ensure that the air-conditioner is switched off and the door is locked. The Mahjong Room key and Air-conditioner control must be returned to Front Desk Reception promptly.
Dated: 5 May 2014
GFA Fees Payable
1. We have received notice from SLA to pay a Differential Premium of $161,687.09 (excluding stamp duty) because our development which started in 2010 had exceeded the Gross Plot Ratio (GPR) stated in our lease from SLA.
2. Further, we have received another notice from URA that the covered floor in the centre of the Cabanas area with motorized-louvre roof covering is part of Gross Floor Area (GFA). There will also be Differential Premium payable and our Architect has given us an estimated amount at $84,813.00.
3. Meanwhile, our Architect is liaising with SLA on the exact Differential Premium payable.
4. We will keep members posted in due course.
Dated: 2 May 2014
Update on MSCP - 3
1. We are pleased to inform that parking lots from
Level 1a to 4a (including the center lots) are now
available for use.
2. The parking lots facing the swimming pool &
Level 5 will continue to be closed until we obtain
TOP which our QP/Architect is working on. We
will keep members informed accordingly.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
Dated: 29 April 2014
Increase in Alcohol and Tobacco
Following the Government’s announcement on the increased taxes on alcoholic beverages and tobacco, the Club had mentioned that we will maintain the prices till 30 April 2014.
As the Club has secured extra stocks in our alcoholic beverages and tobacco, we are pleased to extend the current prices till 31 May 2014. The revised rates will only take effect from 1 June 2014.
Thank you for your support and patronage.
Dated: 28 February 2014
15 April 2014 (Revised)
Stepping up Verification Checks
Please be informed that we are stepping up our security checks.
We have had instances of membership account abuse where siblings and relatives
of members were assuming the member’s account to use Club’s facilities.
Moreover, with membership transferability, it is necessary to ascertain that persons
coming into our Club are bona fide members.
Please bring along your membership card on every visit to the Club. If you have
misplaced your card or if the photo is faded, our Membership Department will be
happy to provide you with a replacement.
We seek members’ understanding and cooperation as our security staff go about
their duties to uphold the integrity and exclusiveness of our Club Membership.
Dated: 13 February 2014
Temporary Access Agreement
Laguna National Golf & Country Club
A Temporary Access Agreement was signed with Laguna National Golf & Country Club (LNGCC) to allow members of both clubs to enjoy the facilities at SSC and LNGCC with effect from 1 January 2014.
Under the agreement, SSC members may use LNGCC golfing facilities at special rates, and each member may sign in three guests at guest rates.
In return, LNGCC members who register themselves will be allowed to use SSC’s F&B outlets, recreation pool and other sports and recreation facilities at prevailing rates.
For bookings of LNGCC golfing facilities, please call SSC Sports Counter at 6342 3603.
For other information, call SSC Membership Department at 63423 622.
Following is the list of facilities open to members of SSC and LNGCC
SSC Facilities Food & Beverage
• Deli Corner
• Palms Café
• Cabana Food Stalls
• Bowling Centre Snack Bar
• Fountain Bar
• Jackson Miller Western Dining
• Chinese Restaurant
• D’Tanjong Lounge
• D’Sports Bar
• D’Galaxy Karaoke Lounge
• Social Pool & MSCP Changing Rooms (include Hot Spa facilities)
• Billiards & Pool
• Banquet Facilities
• Multi-Storey Car-Park Guests Lots
LNGCC Golfing Facilities
• Masters Course
• World Classic Course
UPDATE ON CLUB’S SUIT AGAINST EX-PRESIDENT FREDDIE KOH (“FREDDIE”) FOR RECOVERY OF LEGAL COSTS AND EXPENSES
1. In the interest of the Club and as a matter of principle, the four successful Plaintiffs' members, namely Bernard Chan, Robin Tan, Nicholas Chong and Michael Ho, have refunded the Club a sum of $508,568.51 being Club monies utilised by Freddie for payment of legal costs and expenses in the unsuccessful defence of his defamation suit instituted against him by them.
2. The Club would therefore like to put on record their heartfelt thanks and gratitude to these four successful Plaintiffs' members for the refund.
3. Accordingly, the Club’s claim against Freddie for the legal costs and expenses would be reduced to about $1.52 million.
4. Freddie made certain statements which were reported in the Straits Times issue dated 27 November 2013. His statements gave the impression that the Club indemnified and continues to indemnify him for all legal costs and expenses but this is not the case.
5. The Club takes strong objections to Freddie’s statements and members have also raised their concern.
6. The Club has therefore consulted their lawyers who have advised the following:
(a) Freddie’s statements are sub judice as the issues pending determination at the trial include whether Freddie was acting in proper discharge of his duty at the material time, and whether he was entitled to be indemnified by the Club for the legal costs and expenses in the unsuccessful defence of his defamation suit;
(b) in the light of the March 2012 EOGM Resolutions, there is no basis for Freddie to give the
impression that the Club, to this day, continues to indemnify him for the legal costs and expenses.
7. The Club’s lawyers have therefore on 28 November 2013 written to Freddie’s lawyers to demand that Freddie write to the Straits Times to clarify and retract his statements.
8. To date, Freddie has not responded.
9. The current MC would like to reassure members that they are fully committed to carry out the members’ wishes as per the March 2012 EOGM resolutions and make every effort to recover all legal costs and expenses incurred by Freddie.
10. The hearing to recover the legal costs and expenses from Freddie has been fixed in the High Court on 15-18 April 2014 and 22-25 April 2014.
11. The Club will in due course inform members which Court is hearing the case so that members who wish to attend the hearing may do so.
Dated: 3 December 2013
Open Shelves at the MSCP
Kindly clear your table of your bags and
belongings if you are not physically occupying
it. This gives others the chance to use it.
Open shelves have just been provided for
the purpose of storing your belongings. Club
Management will not be held responsible for
any loss. If you have valuables, please make
use of the free locker service available at the
MSCP Towel Counter.
Dated: 16 October 2013
We want to promote this fascinating game among our members.
With additional mahjong rooms available soon, some members
have expressed interest in learning the game.
Any members willing to teach mahjong to these newcomers?
Please contact Social Department at 6342 3650,670 or 672.
Dated: 2 October 2013
No reservation of shower cubicles
Please be informed that the shower cubicles are made
available to members on a first-come-first-served basis;
no reservation is allowed.
All personal effects including shower gels, spectacles
and towels left in the cubicles will be removed by our staff.
To reclaim the items, the owner will have to sign for them
at the towel counter.
Dated: 16 August 2013
INCREASE IN TERM MEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTION
On 1 August 2012, The club raised the subscription for Ordinary Membership.
We are now raising the subscription for Term Membership (Individual and Corporate) which currently stands at $65.00 per month
Please be informed that, with effect from 1 March 2013, Term Membership will be increased to $110.00 per month (excluding GST)
Dated: 4 February 2013
Purchase of Membership
Purchase of Membership Directly from the Club**
W.e.f 16 October 2012, Club membership can be purchased directly from Singapore Swimming Club at $24,000; which is at a special discounted rate of 40% from the prevailing Family Ordinary Membership Fee of $40,000.
An incentive of $750 will be credited to the account of the member proposer who has successfully recommended a direct sale to SSC.
Discounted rate for extended Family Membership directly from the Club**
The offer is extended to children or parents of existing members at $20,000; which is at a special discounted rate* of 50% from the prevailing Family Ordinary Membership Fee of $40,000.
Important Note :
* For the special discount, there is a lock-in period of 5 years before the membership could be sold in the open market.
If this is not complied with, the member will have to pay SSC the full price of the membership and no recommendation fees will be paid for memberships sold under this category. ** A maximum of 5-year interest-free installments will be permitted.
Dated: 17 October 2012
Members are welcome to provide feedback and/or suggestions to the Management Committee and Executive Management for improvement of the Club as well as to raise any issues that improve the Club’s operations and productivity.
A formalised system and a generic Feedback/Suggestion Form has been introduced by the Management Committee with effect from 16 October 2012.
Forms are available at the Reception Counters at Main Lobby (Club House) / Multi-storey Car Park, F&B Outlets and various sporting / recreational facilities.
We are pleased to inform you that Members can now use their Credit Cards to make purchases at the week-end Bazaar stalls. We hope this will add to your convenience and shopping pleasure at the Club.
And the Bazaar vendors will continue to accept Cash.
If you have any queries or feedback to offer, please contact Nazri at 6342 3650.