The Cabana Kitchen will be closed on 5 Dec 2015 (Sat) for the 15th Straits Settlement Games Celebratory Dinner, and will reopen on 6 Dec 2015 (Sun).
Please note that the Straits of Malacca Bar will open as usual.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Dated: 24 November 2015
Bees in the Competition Pool
Please be informed that bees have been spotted in the Competition Pool. The Club is taking the necessary measures to rectify this issue.
1) The Club has engaged pest control specialists to inspect the
premises for bee hives and our staff will remove any bees, if
found, from the competition pool.
2) Currently, the Club is working together with National
Parks Board and Singapore Land Authority to inspect
the trees on the state land beside the Club for bee
3) According to the pest control specialists, bees only
attack when provoked. As such, members are
advised to be cautious and not to provoke the bees.
4) We will continue to monitor the situation.
If members require assistance, please call the Housekeeping Department at 6342 3726.
We seek your cooperation and understanding on this matter.
Dated: 9 October 2015 (Re-issue)
Membership Cards must be presented at all F&B Outlets
Please be informed that with effect from
Monday, 12 October 2015 members patronising all F&B outlets in the Club are requested to
present their membership card* for verification. Our F&B staff will not process any transaction without the verification of your membership card.
We thank you for your kind understanding.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Dated: 7 October 2015
Temporary Closure of Facilities
Please note that due to the unhealthy 3-hour PSI reading of 200 and above, the following outdoor outlets and counters will suspend operations until further notice:
- Delicatessen (closed)
- Fountain Café (closed)
- Straits of Malacca/Cabana (please go to D’Sports)
- Front Desk (now at 3rd level Admin Office)
- Security counter at MSCP (now at MSCP Security Office)
- Security counter at main lobby (now at Fire Command
- Swimming Pools
- Badminton Hall
- Squash Courts
- Tennis Courts
Breakfast will be served at The Palms from 8am to 10.45am. Members can proceed to dine at The Palms or Jade Phoenix.
For further enquiries you may contact the Security Office at 6342 3655.
Dated: 29 September 2015
In the event that the air quality deteriorates and PSI readings fluctuate to unhealthy levels, the Club will implement the following health safety measures. This practice is to ensure the well-being of both our members and guests..
Please visit the NEA website at www.nea.gov.sg or download the myENV app for regular PSI updates.
More updates on SSC’s health safety measures will also be posted at the SSC website (www.sswimclub.org.sg).
We thank you for your understanding and continued support.
Dated: 28 September 2015
Sports Pro-Shop To Close
Please note that the Sports Pro-Shop will cease to operate on 9 October 2015.
Its last day of business is 8 October 2015.
Dated: 25 September 2015
Guest Fee for Sunday DJ Night
Please note that from 1 October 2015, Sunday DJ Night will charge a $10 guest fee, which includes one standard house pour drink.
Dated: 23 September 2015
The Palms Open for Breakfast
Please be informed that due to the haze, breakfast will be served at The Palms from 8.00am to 10.45am. Members are to observe the dress code required at The Palms.
Dress Code at The Palms
Soiled or wet clothing and swimwear are not allowed.
Dated: 15 September 2015
Sale of Ordinary Membership
at the Club
Purchase of Membership Directly from the Club1
Please be informed that the Club Membership can be purchased directly from Singapore Swimming Club at $14,000 (current selling price is $20,000 for prevailing Family Ordinary Membership). A sum of $500 will be credited to the
existing member’s2 account for each successful referral to the Club.
Discounted rate for extended Family Membership purchased directly from the Club3
Terms & Conditions: 1Early Bird Promotion - a maximum of 36-month interest-free instalment is available for sign-ups before 31 January 2016.
2 The referring member must be an ordinary member with a minimum of 3 years’ membership.
3 To enjoy the promotional rate, there is a lock-in period of 2 years before the membership can be sold in the open market. This promotion is only valid from 16 September 2015 to 31 May 2016, with an option for a 24-month interest-free instalment plan.
If the member wishes to sell the membership before full payment is made, he/she will have to pay the full price of the membership before promotion ($20,000) and bear the $500 spending credits paid to the referring member.
Dated: 1 September 2015
Grant of Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC)
The Management is pleased to inform members, that the CSC for the corrective works at the MSCP and Cabanas was obtained on 17 August 2015.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Dated: 18 August 2015
Stepping up Security Checks
Please be informed that security will be stepping up periodic checks due to increased incidences of attempted entry by suspended members and non-members. Members are reminded to produce their membership cards upon request, as stated in the Club’s Bye-Laws.
Dated: 11 August 2015
Closure of Swimming Pools
for Cleaning & Maintenance
Day : Wednesdays
Time : 10.30am to 4.00pm
Day : Thursdays
Time : 10.30am to 4.00pm
Dated: 27 July 2015
No Alcohol in Jackpot Room
Strictly no alcohol allowed in Jackpot Room as per the Police Licensing & Regulatory Department of the Singapore Police Force.
Dated: 18 June 2015
Management Committee Appointments
Mr Chua Hoe Sing - Key Administration President
Mr Gary Oon - Marketing Communications / Procurement Vice-President
Mr Gerad Loo - Finance / Swimming Honorary Treasurer
Mr Yeo Chui Hee - Food & Beverage / Social
Mr Gope Ramchand - Membership / Legal & Rules
Mr Jonathan Wang - Mediation / Membership (Vice-Chair)
Mr Wee Keng Pak - Integrated Estate Services
Mr Simon Ong - Sports
Ms Joyce Chan - Lifestyle
Dr David Chung - Jackpot
Dated: 28 May 2015
Change in the Library’s
Please note that the new operating hours for the Library will be from 8.30am to 11.30pm daily, with effect from 12 June 2015.
Dated: 28 May 2015
Change in Operating Hours
of Jackpot Room
(Monday to Sunday)
Please note that the new operating hours for the Jackpot Room will be from 9.00am to 11.30pm, effective Friday, 15 May 2015.
Dated: 30 April 2015
Minutes of AGM 2014 &
The above minutes are now available to Members upon request.
To get your copies, please :-
1. Complete the Request Form available at the
Main Lobby Reception; or
2. Email your request to
to arrange for collection from the Main Lobby
Dated: 15 April 2015
Relocation of Nursing Room at
Level 1 to Mahjong Room 5 at Level 2
Please be informed that with effect from Friday, 13 March, the Nursing Room at Level 1 will be relocated to Mahjong Room 5 at Level 2.
Members can collect the Nursing Room keys from the Front Desk Reception.
Cleaning & Maintenance Schedule of Female Changing Rooms
We would like to inform members that the cleaning and maintenance schedule of the female changing rooms at the Club is as follows:
- Every Monday: from 8am to 11am at
MSCP Ladies Changing Room
- Every Thursday: from 8am to 11am at
Girls Changing Room (next to the Children’s Pool)
- Every Thursday: from 1pm to 4pm at
Sports Centre Ladies Changing Room
Please note that the changing rooms will be closed during cleaning and maintenance.
Dated: 24 November 2014
In accordance to
Club Bye-Law 14(n):
“To be entitled to complimentary parking, members’ vehicles must have the required car-park label and have registered their IU unit with the Club.
Vehicles without the appropriate car park label, or with an IU unit not registered with the Club, will not be entitled to complimentary parking and will be charged the guest rate, even if the vehicle is driven by a member of the Club. ”
Members are reminded to comply with the above
Thank you for your cooperation.
Dated: 10 October 2014
Purchase of Membership
1. Purchase of Membership Directly from the Club
W.e.f 1 August 2014, Club Membership can be purchased directly from Singapore Swimming Club at $20,000, payable over 30 months interest fee instalment. This is at a special discounted rate of 50% from the prevailing Family Ordinary Membership Fee of $40,000.
An incentive of $750 will be credited to the account of the member proposer who has successfully recommended a direct sale to SSC.
2. Discounted rate for Extended Family Membership directly from the Club
The offer is extended to children of parents of existing members at $18,000, payable over 36 months interest free instalment. This is at a special discounted rate* of 55% from the prevailing Family Ordinary Membership Fee of $40,000.
These promotional rates are valid till 31 May 2015.
Important Note: For Item No. 2
* There is a lock-in period of 3 years before the extended Family Membership can be sold in the open market.
If this is not complied with, the member will have to pay SSC the full price of the membership and no recommendation fees will be paid for memberships sold under this category.
Dated: 25 September 2014 (Re-issued)
Operation Hours of D’Sports
As the corrective work at S.O.M. has been completed, we are pleased to inform that with immediate effect, the operation hours of D’Sports will revert as follows:-
Mondays to Fridays - 5pm to 12am Saturdays & Eve of Public Holidays - 5pm to 1am Sundays & Public Holidays - 5pm to 12am
Dated: 2 July 2014
Manual Registration System at all registration counters
In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act
(PDPA) that is fully implemented on 2 July, do note that the Club
is taking steps to protect your personal data when you
register your particulars at the Gym Counter, Towel
Counter, Reception Counter and other registration
counters within the Club’s premise.
As the Club’s system is not computerised, we are using the manual registration system.
Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated.
Dated: 1 July 2014
In accordance to Club Rule 9(c):
‘’A person eligible for introduction as a guest to the Club may be introduced as a guest to the Club by a member or a Nominee not more than once in any week and the person having been thus introduced as a guest to the Club may not be again introduced as a guest to the Club by the same member or Nominee or any other member or Nominee in the same week (one week shall be deemed to be from Monday to Sunday) except with the written permission of the Management Committee’’.
Members are reminded to comply with the above rule.
Dated: 14 May 2014
Guidelines on using the Mahjong Rooms
Kindly adhere to the social etiquette when using the Mahjong Rooms to make it a pleasant environment for everyone.
1. In accordance to Club’s bye-laws 31e, ‘’no member is allowed to use the Mahjong/Card room for other activities such as board games, gatherings or meetings’’.
2. The serviettes, beverage supplies and mahjong papers are strictly for use within the Mahjong Rooms. Please do not remove them from the Mahjong Rooms.
3. The coffee machine is installed for your pleasure and convenience. If you require assistance on using the coffee machine, please contact our Front Desk Reception at Ext 697/698 or any service staff.
4. Upon leaving the Mahjong room, please ensure that the air-conditioner is switched off and the door is locked. The Mahjong Room key and Air-conditioner control must be returned to Front Desk Reception promptly.
Dated: 5 May 2014
GFA Fees Payable
1. We have received notice from SLA to pay a Differential Premium of $161,687.09 (excluding stamp duty) because our development which started in 2010 had exceeded the Gross Plot Ratio (GPR) stated in our lease from SLA.
2. Further, we have received another notice from URA that the covered floor in the centre of the Cabanas area with motorized-louvre roof covering is part of Gross Floor Area (GFA). There will also be Differential Premium payable and our Architect has given us an estimated amount at $84,813.00.
3. Meanwhile, our Architect is liaising with SLA on the exact Differential Premium payable.
4. We will keep members posted in due course.
Dated: 2 May 2014
Increase in Alcohol and Tobacco
Following the Government’s announcement on the increased taxes on alcoholic beverages and tobacco, the Club had mentioned that we will maintain the prices till 30 April 2014.
As the Club has secured extra stocks in our alcoholic beverages and tobacco, we are pleased to extend the current prices till 31 May 2014. The revised rates will only take effect from 1 June 2014.
Thank you for your support and patronage.
Dated: 28 February 2014
15 April 2014 (Revised)
Temporary Access Agreement
Laguna National Golf & Country Club
A Temporary Access Agreement was signed with Laguna National Golf & Country Club (LNGCC) to allow members of both clubs to enjoy the facilities at SSC and LNGCC with effect from 1 January 2014.
Under the agreement, SSC members may use LNGCC golfing facilities at special rates, and each member may sign in three guests at guest rates.
In return, LNGCC members who register themselves will be allowed to use SSC’s F&B outlets, recreation pool and other sports and recreation facilities at prevailing rates.
For bookings of LNGCC golfing facilities, please call SSC Sports Counter at 6342 3603.
For other information, call SSC Membership Department at 63423 622.
Following is the list of facilities open to members of SSC and LNGCC
SSC Facilities Food & Beverage
• Deli Corner
• Palms Café
• Cabana Food Stalls
• Bowling Centre Snack Bar
• Fountain Bar
• Jackson Miller Western Dining
• Chinese Restaurant
• D’Tanjong Lounge
• D’Sports Bar
• D’Galaxy Karaoke Lounge
• Social Pool & MSCP Changing Rooms (include Hot Spa facilities)
• Billiards & Pool
• Banquet Facilities
• Multi-Storey Car-Park Guests Lots
LNGCC Golfing Facilities
• Masters Course
• World Classic Course
UPDATE ON CLUB’S SUIT AGAINST EX-PRESIDENT FREDDIE KOH (“FREDDIE”) FOR RECOVERY OF LEGAL COSTS AND EXPENSES
1. In the interest of the Club and as a matter of principle, the four successful Plaintiffs' members, namely Bernard Chan, Robin Tan, Nicholas Chong and Michael Ho, have refunded the Club a sum of $508,568.51 being Club monies utilised by Freddie for payment of legal costs and expenses in the unsuccessful defence of his defamation suit instituted against him by them.
2. The Club would therefore like to put on record their heartfelt thanks and gratitude to these four successful Plaintiffs' members for the refund.
3. Accordingly, the Club’s claim against Freddie for the legal costs and expenses would be reduced to about $1.52 million.
4. Freddie made certain statements which were reported in the Straits Times issue dated 27 November 2013. His statements gave the impression that the Club indemnified and continues to indemnify him for all legal costs and expenses but this is not the case.
5. The Club takes strong objections to Freddie’s statements and members have also raised their concern.
6. The Club has therefore consulted their lawyers who have advised the following:
(a) Freddie’s statements are sub judice as the issues pending determination at the trial include whether Freddie was acting in proper discharge of his duty at the material time, and whether he was entitled to be indemnified by the Club for the legal costs and expenses in the unsuccessful defence of his defamation suit;
(b) in the light of the March 2012 EOGM Resolutions, there is no basis for Freddie to give the
impression that the Club, to this day, continues to indemnify him for the legal costs and expenses.
7. The Club’s lawyers have therefore on 28 November 2013 written to Freddie’s lawyers to demand that Freddie write to the Straits Times to clarify and retract his statements.
8. To date, Freddie has not responded.
9. The current MC would like to reassure members that they are fully committed to carry out the members’ wishes as per the March 2012 EOGM resolutions and make every effort to recover all legal costs and expenses incurred by Freddie.
10. The hearing to recover the legal costs and expenses from Freddie has been fixed in the High Court on 15-18 April 2014 and 22-25 April 2014.
11. The Club will in due course inform members which Court is hearing the case so that members who wish to attend the hearing may do so.
Dated: 3 December 2013
Open Shelves at the MSCP
Kindly clear your table of your bags and
belongings if you are not physically occupying
it. This gives others the chance to use it.
Open shelves have just been provided for
the purpose of storing your belongings. Club
Management will not be held responsible for
any loss. If you have valuables, please make
use of the free locker service available at the
MSCP Towel Counter.
Dated: 16 October 2013
We want to promote this fascinating game among our members.
With additional mahjong rooms available soon, some members
have expressed interest in learning the game.
Any members willing to teach mahjong to these newcomers?
Please contact Social Department at 6342 3650,670 or 672.
Dated: 2 October 2013
No reservation of shower cubicles
Please be informed that the shower cubicles are made
available to members on a first-come-first-served basis;
no reservation is allowed.
All personal effects including shower gels, spectacles
and towels left in the cubicles will be removed by our staff.
To reclaim the items, the owner will have to sign for them
at the towel counter.
Dated: 16 August 2013
INCREASE IN TERM MEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTION
On 1 August 2012, The club raised the subscription for Ordinary Membership.
We are now raising the subscription for Term Membership (Individual and Corporate) which currently stands at $65.00 per month
Please be informed that, with effect from 1 March 2013, Term Membership will be increased to $110.00 per month (excluding GST)
Dated: 4 February 2013
Members are welcome to provide feedback and/or suggestions to the Management Committee and Executive Management for improvement of the Club as well as to raise any issues that improve the Club’s operations and productivity.
A formalised system and a generic Feedback/Suggestion Form has been introduced by the Management Committee with effect from 16 October 2012.
Forms are available at the Reception Counters at Main Lobby (Club House) / Multi-storey Car Park, F&B Outlets and various sporting / recreational facilities.
We are pleased to inform you that Members can now use their Credit Cards to make purchases at the week-end Bazaar stalls. We hope this will add to your convenience and shopping pleasure at the Club.
And the Bazaar vendors will continue to accept Cash.
If you have any queries or feedback to offer, please contact Nazri at 6342 3650.